Yesterday, I was in for a surprise when I opened my mail and saw that Swathi Shenoy from Flightless Bird Thoughtful Wings nominated me for a Liebster. Thank You Swathi and I graciously accept :)
1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 - 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate.
5. Ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.
6. Go to each blogger's site and inform them of their nomination.
The 11 Facts about me :
1. I come from a family of teachers.
2.I love to read and can spend hours with a book.
3.I love history and my birthday happens to be an important date in History.
4.I am terrible at punctuations.
5.I’m a Cancerian and I love the monsoon.
6.I love the sea, beach and any place with a water body.
7.I cannot cook but I’m trying to change that.
8.I find it very hard to say No to people.
9.I like all colors but I particularly like blue and it’s shades.
10.I’m a Francophile and completely besotted with France.
11.I wish to travel the world one day.
Here are the questions asked and my answers :
1. What is your favorite pastime, apart from reading novels?
I enjoy watching movies especially French movies and writing stories.
2. If given a chance to go back and change one thing from your past, what it would be?
Go for an exchange programme to Belgium that my college had organized.
3. Which is the first word that comes to your mind when asked to describe yourself?
4. What got you into blogging?
I wanted to be a columnist and realized that nobody would hire an amateur columnist and therefore started blogging as a means to express my thoughts and opinions.
5. Which is that one thing that can change your foul mood and make you smile within an instant?
Chocolate. It always has that effect on me.
6. Which in the memory/incident that you treasure the most?
My meeting with His Holiness The Dalai Lama is something I will treasure always.
7. Ten years later from now, where do you see yourself?
I see myself as a Professor sitting before a class full of students and teaching.
8. If given a chance to be invisible for a day, what will you do?
Dance on the road J
9. Was there any major turning point in your life that made you who you are today? If so, then what is it?
There was no major turning point as of such but a serious bout of chicken pox a year back did render me a bit more thoughtful about many things I took for granted.
10. What do you think is the key to any successful relationship?
Communication and honesty together make for a successful relationship.
11. According to you, what is the definition of a good novel?
A novel is good if it is unputdownable and manages to make the reader feel a sense of loss at the end like Harry Potter.
My nominees are:
My questions are :
1. If not for your current profession, you would have chosen.....?
2. What is the first thing that you see in people?
3.What superpower would you like to possess?
4. If you had to invite three famous people (dead or alive) for dinner who would they be ?
5. Your favorite book / movie and why?
6. What is the one lesson that you wished you learnt earlier.
7. What is your favorite way to pass the time?
8. Five things on your bucket list.
9. Your favorite childhood memory.
10. A random fact about you.
11. Do you believe in rebirth? If yes, what would you like to be reborn as?
Once again Thank You Swathi & Congratulations to my nominees.
The Sunday Visitor.